Sunday, December 27, 2015

Shadow People Book Tour



About the Book

Title: Shadow People
Author: Alec John Belle
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal

Heather Hawkins, a newly changed Monster Hunter, thought life couldn't get any more complicated after the incident at the tower one week ago. With Kadin gone, she thinks life will finally go back to the way it should be. Until The Council calls a meeting for her and Hayden to discuss the incident. Hayden Williams is released from the hospital and wants to put all of the things he saw that night to the back of his mind. When The Council decides to meet with him, his hope is that he can get it done and over with so he can finally move on with his life. That doesn't happen when he realizes his family has a big secret; one that he is very much a part of. Other forces against the Monster Hunters have different plans. Heather, Hayden, and their friends start unraveling the truth about the world they live in, and dangers are lurking in the shadows. A danger that could lead them all to their demise. In the second book in this paranormal young adult series, secrets will be revealed, and enemies will join hands, leaving you with an ending that no one could see coming.

Excerpt
He lunged at me faster than I could blink, and sure enough, I was knocked to the floor as he smashed my face in. Yeah, that was going to hurt in the morning. Trying my best to regain my strength, I flipped my attacker over on his back and he smiled up at me.

“You’re getting better,” Philip replied.
I smiled back. “I told you to not go easy on me.”
And of course, he didn’t. Grabbing hold of my hair, he flipped me over his body and managed to stand up. Now I was the one on my back—again—and I was really beginning to feel useless. Yes, he said I was getting better, but he could take me on and win every single time. Getting better and winning were two completely different things.
I stood up and sighed, trying to fix my hair so it didn’t look like the haystack it probably was. Philip stood there, somehow managing to look absolutely gorgeous with his short black hair and piercing green eyes. His smile widened when he saw me trying to compose myself. “I never said we were done.”
“You don’t need to,” I shot back, feeling embarrassment sweep through me, but I kept the sarcastic smile on my face. “I’m saying we’re done for the day because clearly I still can’t take you on, so what’s the point in trying?”
His seductive smile fell flat. “You won’t get better if you just give up.”
“I don’t get any better by trying,” I said, then added, “but I will. Just give me a little more time.”

Author Bio
Alec John Belle resides in Carson City, NV, where he is currently attending high school for his senior year. At the age of 16 he wrote his first novel, Before I Break. His hobbies include reading, writing, and obsessing over Pretty Little Liars. He writes paranormal and contemporary young adult, but often blends real social issues into his paranormal works. Alec can be found on Facebook, Twitter, and Goodreads.

Author Interview
Tell us about yourself.
I am currently a senior in high school and will be graduating in June. I just recently moved to Nevada and I just finished writing my fourth book, and have started my fifth.

Where do you like to write?
I like to write at the kitchen table. If I write in my bed, I’ll fall asleep!

What is your process in creating a story-line or factious worlds? Do you use aides, outlines, etc...?
Most of the time a story will just fall into my head and I know basic plot points. Strangely, I did an outline for The Forbidden Darkness Chronicles because there are a lot of secrets and mysteries I needed to know answers to prior to writing them

Who is your favorite character in this particular story and why?
My favorite character in Shadow People is Kadin because I gave him a more relevant role. I also like Hayden because I found a way to incorporate him into the story more.

Are you presently working on any other projects?
Right now I’m writing the third book in The Forbidden Darkness Chronicles, titled Fiery Passion. I’m planning on a summer 2016 release for that. I also have a contemporary young adult book I just finished writing that is planned to come out in March.

Links



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Keepers (Connor Chronicles Book 1)  Buy Here After young Connor is gifted with superhuman abilities, her life changes. When she learns o...