Saturday, October 7, 2017

The Keepers (Connor Chronicles Book 1) -YA Paranormal Fantasy





Title: Connor
Genre: YA, Paranormal Fantasy
Connor's life takes a U-turn when she discovers her incredible abilities, and a whole new world opens up around her. Thrilled by her newfound powers, she soon realizes that being special often means being singled out - and not always by those with good intentions.

With a group of friends who share similar abilities, Connor sets on a path of discovery and adventure, as they try to find out more about their true self and origin. They also learn of Ronin, who's young, smart and out for revenge against them, for reasons unknown.




Excerpt 
“Look,” he pointed to the floor. “There is a faint light coming from behind this wall. If I can just get to it...”He grunted as he pushed on it. It must have stood twelve feet tall and weighed a ton.

     He managed to shove this humongous thing out of the way, and sure enough, there was a handle. It didn’t look like a door at first glance, but there it was.

     “Good eyes, Scott. Away out,” I said. Things were finally looking up.

     “I told you, guys, we needed to check out the noise,” I said, relieved the so called trap turned out to be exactly what we needed.

     “I told you I would take care of this,” Scott said. Cheyenne actually smiled. I didn’t know she could do that. I almost went into shock when she ran up to hug Scott, but even more mind-blowing, he let her.

     Her smile was short-lived because things turned for the worse before we knew what was happening. First, I saw the expression on her face twist from happiness to sheer horror in a second, then I heard it, and without turning around, I knew this was going to be bad.

     The next few minutes seemed like they were a blur. Cheyenne was still in Scott’s arms, facing the opposite direction of us, staring right at it. As I turned around, Cheyenne slowly let go of Scott who, at the same time, reached for the door. I don’t even think he knew what was about to happen.

     From my side view, I managed to see a glimpse of darkness before it tossed me across the room, slamming me into the side wall. I heard Scott yell as he flew clear into the other room, slamming into the wall bookshelf, breaking it on impact. I don’t know how many books fell on top of him. All I knew was what I heard, and I didn’t hear him move.

     I slowly got up to see where it was. Time no longer slowed when I saw Cheyenne suspended in midair inside a cloud of darkness. She kept grabbing at her throat and trying to cough. Her eyes flooded with tears as it suffocated her.


Amazon US
Amazon UK
Amazon CA


The Series




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Keepers (Connor Chronicles Book 1)  Buy Here After young Connor is gifted with superhuman abilities, her life changes. When she learns o...